2018, Bangladesh, 134 min., Col. And Black & White 18+
Director: Nuhash Humayun, Syed Ahmed Shawki, Rahat Rahman, MD Robiul Alam, Golam Kibria Farooki and others
Screenplay By: Nuhash Humayun, Rafiqul Islam Poltu, Rahat Rahman, MD Robiul Alam, Thanvir Chowdhury, Golam Kibria Farooki and others
Editors: Shohel Rana, Syed Saleh Ahmed Sobhan, Rahat Rahman, Momin Biswas, Golam Kibria Farooki, and others
Cinematographers – Murshed Bipul, Tanveer Ahmed Shovon, Barkat Hossain Polash, Tuhin Tamijul, and others
Sound Designers: Ripon Nath, Rasheed Sharif Shoaib
Music: Attic, Dameer, The Farooque Bhai Project, Arafat Mohsin Nidhi, Naved Parvez, Black Zang, Pavel Areen, Rasheed Sharif Shoaib
Cast: Mostafizur Noor Imran, Fazlur Rahman Babu, Orchita Sporshia, Tanin Tanha, Allen Shubhro, Shamol Mawla and others
• 11th Jaipur International Film Festival (Best Original Screenplay)
• 23rd Busan International Film Festival, Busan, South Koreм (Window of Asian Cinema Section)
• 13th Jogja-NETPAC Asian Film Festival, Jogja, Indonesia (Asian perspective section)
• 17th Third Eye Asian Film Festival, Mumbai, India/ Spectrum Asia Section
• 9th Asian Film Festival, Pune, India (Official Selection and other
An omnibus: 7 short stories by young directors, created in different styles and genres, come together to make a tessellated portrait of a hectic life of the city of Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh.The film discusses discrimination against minorities, dismantling of the estates system, recent developments in challenging gender stereotypes perception. The talented debuts make a unique sampler of themes and images of the modern film making in Bangladesh.
A writer, comic-creator and independent filmmaker based in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Syed Ahmed Shawki. Shawki Syed is an acclaimed filmmaker for being an integral part of the Short Film Platform Phenomenon angladesh called ‘Projonmo Talkies’. Shawki has also worked for Television and International web platforms like iflix.
After working as an assistant director for about 7 years, Rahat Rahman founded his own film production company ‘Film Logic’ in 2013 and has since been directing TV commercials and fiction films for television.
Started his career in TV. Robiul is known for his modern and creative story telling.
Golam Kibria Farooki
Golam Kibria Farooki is a screenwriter and filmmaker. He started his journey as an assistant director to Bangladeshi filmmaker Mostofa Sarwar Farooki.
AUGUST 24, SATURDAY
- 14:00 — Sincerely yours, Dhaka (2018, Bangladesh, Short Films Almanac, 134 min.) 18+
AUGUST 29, THURSDAY
- 18:00 — Sincerely yours, Dhaka (2018, Bangladesh, Short Films Almanac, 134 мин.) 18+. Repeat