2015, France, 85 min., col., 6+
Director: Jean-Loup Felicioli, Alain Gagnol
Screenplay: Alain Gagnol
Graphic Design and Art Director: Jean-Loup Felicioli
Editing: Hervé Guichard
Music: Serge Besset
Director of Images: Izu Troin
Producer: Eric Beckman, Emmanuel Bernard
Production company: FOLIMAGE (LA CARTOUCHERIE) / LUNANIME
Main cast: Edouard Baer, Jean-Pierre Marielle, Audrey Tautou, Jackie Berroyer
• Children KinoFest – 2015 (Nominee Grand Prize)
• Hamburg Film Festival – 2016 (Nominee Michel Award)
• Seattle International Film Festival - 2016 (Seattle International Film Festival)
A super-powered boy helps a wheelchair-bound policeman in his attempt to bring down a mob kingpin.
Alain Gagnol was born in 1967 in Roanne, France. He studied animation, illustration and strip cartoons at the Ecole Émile Cohl in Lyon, before working as an animator for French animation studio Folimage. He also writes detective stories published by Gallimard, Cherche Midi and Le Passeur.
Jean-Loup Felicioli was born in 1960 in Albertville, France. After studying at the schools of fine arts in Annecy, Strasbourg, Perpignan and Valence, he was hired by the Folimage animation studio as an animator. Starting in 1996, Alain and Jean-Loup began to produceshort films, including"Les Tragédies minuscules" (Tiny Tragedies), a 10-episode series for French TV channels Canal+ and Arte. A Cat in Paris, their first feature-length film, was released in 2010. The film would be selected at the Berlin file festival before moving upwards and onwards to Hollywood where it would be nominated at the Oscars in 2012.
AUGUST 24, SATURDAY
- 10:00 — Phantom Boy (2015, Dir.Jean-Loup Felicioli, Alain Gagnol, France-Belgium, animated film, 84 min.) 6+
AUGUST 27, TUESDAY
- 11:00 — Phantom Boy (2015, Dir. Jean-Loup Felicioli, Alain Gagnol, France-Belgium, animated film, 84 min.) 6+. Repeat